Do you ever have busy mornings? Ok, let’s be serious here, extremely, insanely busy mornings? Screaming kids, too little time to get ready, too many people needing to be in the kitchen or in the bathroom?
So what do you do? Do you tend to feed the kids, skip your own breakfast, and end up insanely hungry, devouring everything in sight the second you get to work?
Well, I don’t even have kids to feed (and Tobias feeds himself), and I still know that frantic morning routine. For some reason, I never have enough time in the morning. I do, however, refuse to be without breakfast. It’s sacred to me.
Prepare you High-Protein Cake Batter Mouse the night before
Optimally, I’ll sit down with my breakfast and enjoy my coffee while reading the news. Worst case, I’ll inhale my breakfast and run out the door, but I’ll never leave without having eaten first.
So I have learned how to make some of those potentially stressful mornings a little more manageable. Mainly by preparing my breakfast the night before.
You can easily whip this healthy, high-protein cake batter mousse together and leave it in the fridge overnight. By morning, you’ll have a thick, flavorful dish that will surely keep you and your family satisfied and happy until your next meal.
Actually, this recipe is so delicious that you’ll have to be careful not to “taste” you way through it all before placing it in the fridge 😀
If you have more time for cooking in the morning, try our Protein Pancakes for a healthy breakfast treat!
- Serves: 1
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 260
- Fat: 9
- Carbohydrates: 28
- Protein: 25
- 2 oz. (57 g) Greek Yogurt (0%)
- ½ scoop (0.6 oz.) Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 tsp. Non-sweetened cocoa powder
- 0.5 cup Almond milk
- 0.7 oz. (20 gram) Oats
- Almonds & Berries (optional but recommended)
- Blend yogurt, protein powder, cocoa powder and almond milk thoroughly together (if you don’t have a blender, this can be done by hand, but requires a little work with a whisk)
- Fold in oats. Cover and place in the fridge overnight
- Sprinkle almonds and berries on the cake batter mousse before enjoying
Join the Newsletter
Never miss a post! Subscribe to my newsletter.