I could eat this stuffed chicken breast every single day! I assume I will need a break from it eventually, but right now, it’s my favorite dish in the world. It’s super tender, tastes fantastic, and is a healthy meal all by itself. You don’t really need any sides, except for perhaps a small salad.
If you follow this blog, you will know that chicken breast is a central part of our healthy fitness cooking and that I am always searching for new easy chicken recipes.
Normally, I would browse Pinterest for recipe ideas, but this one was based entirely on what I had left in the fridge after making a huge salad for lunch. I am sure there are a thousand very similar recipes out there, but for me, it’s always a pleasure to feel like I am creating something new, and not just using someone else’s recipe.
Stuffed Chicken Breast Made Easy
If you want to cheat a little, you can pre-cook a few chicken breasts, put the stuffing in the cooked chicken and just microwave everything for about a minute. It won’t be quite as good as when you cook everything together, but still delicious. I do this a lot when I don’t have time (or are too lazy) to cook.
If you are more in the mood for something spicy, you should also try Tobias’s favorite chicken recipe, the Healthy, Creamy & Spicy Chicken. It’s just as easy to make and super tasty.
- Serves: 1
- Serving size: 1 chicken breast
- Calories: 270
- Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Protein: 46 g
- 1 Chicken breast
- 1 oz. (28 g) Low-fat mozzarella
- 1 Artichoke heart (from a can)
- 1 tsp. Chopped sundried tomato
- 5 Large basil leaves
- 1 Garlic clove
- Garlic powder
- Curry powder
- Brine the chicken breast in salt water as described in our post “How To Cook The Perfect Chicken Breast”
- Preheat the oven to 365 F (185 C)
- Cut the chicken breast almost halfway through with a sharp knife
- Chop up the mozzarella, artichoke, basil, tomato and garlic. Mix and stuff it into the cut chicken breast
- Use a few toothpicks to close the chicken breast around the stuffing
- Place the chicken breast on a baking sheet or aluminum foil and season it with pepper, garlic powder, curry
- Bake for 21 min.
- Remember to remove the toothpicks before serving