I could eat this healthy stuffed chicken breast every single day! I assume I will need a break from it eventually, but right now, it’s my favorite dish in the world. It’s super tender, tastes fantastic, and is a healthy meal all by itself. You don’t really need any sides, except for perhaps a small salad.
If you follow this blog, you will know that chicken breast is a central part of our healthy fitness cooking and that I am always searching for new easy chicken recipes.
Normally, I would browse Pinterest for recipe ideas, but this one was based entirely on what I had left in the fridge after making a huge salad for lunch. I am sure there are a thousand very similar recipes out there, but for me, it’s always a pleasure to feel like I am creating something new, and not just using someone else’s recipe.
The easiest stuffing recipe ever
Usually, the word “stuffing” in a recipe will make me run away screaming because it means doing fiddly and complicated stuff for ages. Not what I want when I am tired and just need a healthy dinner.
Well, this recipe is different!
The entire meal is ready in less than 30 minutes if you don’t mess around. You can chop the vegetables for the stuffing while the oven heats up and getting the stuffing into the chicken breasts is done in a heartbeat.
This also means that it’s a great dish to make when you have guests. It’s one of my favorite recipes when I want to serve a casual but impressive dinner for my friends and I ALWAYS get asked for the recipe (which just shows that my friends don’t read TheFitBlog the lazy oafs…).
Healthy Stuffed Chicken Breast made even easier
Guess what? It can get even easier! If you want to cheat a little, you can pre-cook a few chicken breasts, put the stuffing in the cooked chicken and just microwave everything for about a minute. It won’t be quite as good as when you cook everything together, but still delicious. I do this a lot when I don’t have time (or are too lazy) to cook.
No matter how you make it, this stuffed chicken is a winner!
If you are more in the mood for something spicy, you should also try Tobias’s favorite chicken recipe, the Healthy, Creamy & Spicy Chicken. It’s just as easy to make and super tasty!
- Serves: 1 serving
- Serving size: 1 chicken breast
- Calories: 254
- Fat: 4.2 g
- Saturated fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.9 g
- Sugar: 1.2 g
- Fiber: 0.6 g
- Protein: 46.7 g
- 1 Chicken breast
- 1 oz. (28 g) Low-fat mozzarella
- 1 Artichoke heart (from a can)
- 1 tsp. Chopped sundried tomato
- 5 Large basil leaves
- 1 Garlic clove
- Garlic powder
- Curry powder
- (optional) Brine the chicken breast in salt water as described in our post “How To Cook The Perfect Chicken Breast”
- Preheat the oven to 365 F (185 C)
- Cut the chicken breast almost halfway through with a sharp knife
- Chop up the mozzarella, artichoke, basil, tomato and garlic. Mix and stuff it into the cut chicken breast
- Use a few toothpicks to close the chicken breast around the stuffing
- Place the chicken breast on a baking sheet or aluminum foil and season it with pepper, garlic powder, curry
- Bake for 21 min.
- Remember to remove the toothpicks before serving
Join the Newsletter
Never miss a post! Subscribe to my newsletter.