Managing your diabetes and living a healthy lifestyle takes both physical and mental strength. That’s why I am super excited to introduce the Strong With Diabetes Challenge!
In this free 4-week challenge, a team of top diabetes experts and I will take you through the most important things you need to know about diabetes and exercise, healthy nutrition, and how to deal with the mental and emotional aspects of diabetes. The challenge starts May 3.
How the Challenge works
The Strong With Diabetes Challenge consists of five things:
- Daily activities or “challenges” that takes you through everything you need to do in a step-by-step fashion
- Articles covering the most important topics on physical and mental strength with diabetes
- Weekly meal plans
- Workout programs that you can do during the challenge (home and gym workouts)
- A Facebook support group for challenge participants in which you can ask questions, share your experiences and connect with other people who want to be Strong With Diabetes
Oh, and did I mention that it’s totally FREE to take the challenge?
The challenge is for all fitness levels and is based on my own experiences regarding diabetes and exercise, as well as the knowledge and insights of other diabetes and exercise experts. I’m excited to announce that there will be posts by:
- Dr. Sheri Colberg (author of The Diabetic Athlete’s Handbook)
- Dr. Mark Heyman (Director of the Center for Diabetes and Mental Health)
- Ginger Vieira (Editor Emeritus at Diabetes Daily and the author of Dealing with Diabetes Burnout & Emotional Eating with Diabetes & Your Diabetes Science Experiment)
- Dan Piper aka. The Healthy Diabetic (Nutrition coach)
- Lauren Bongiorno (Diabetic health coach & Yoga instructor)
Here is what people had to say about the last challenge:
“I not only got support and inspiration from all my fellow challengers, I also received wonderful articles on how to better manage my diabetes around exercise and beyond. I learned new recipes that taste great and keep my glucose at a steady rate. And most importantly, I set personal short-term and long-term goals that renews my focus after diabetes burnout. This was an amazing experience that has forever changed me and my health! Thank you so much!”
– Dawn, Type 1
“Since being on insulin I’ve always been nervous exercising. I am more confident now and feeling strong. It has been an amazing challenge. Christel and Tobias are so wonderful to share this knowledge and coach us through this journey. It has changed my life and I am more confident and better equipped to manage this disease. As a bonus I have lost 10 lbs and I can actually feel muscles in my body. Their continued support each day was felt throughout the challenge! Amazing!”
– Tess, Type 1
“Thanks to this challenge, I have realized you can exercise successfully and safely with Diabetes. I now do 6 workouts a week and I actually enjoy them! Due to the expert advice and guidance given, I rarely go low during or after a workout and I feel so much healthier. The encouragement is also great from Christel and the Facebook group. I am forever in debt to all the members of the TheFitBlog team and the Diabetes Challenge Facebook group. You can’t put a price on quality of life and a healthy lifestyle. Thanks to you all!”
– Kim, Type 1
The main sponsor for the challenge is Tandem Diabetes Care, inc. and during the challenge, you will have the opportunity to ask questions and get answers directly from their experts.
If you are ready to join me in this journey to become physically and mentally stronger, you can sign up for the challenge in the form below.
The challenge is closed for new sign-ups, but you can subscribe to my newsletter below to be notified when the next one starts.
Join the Newsletter
Never miss a post! Subscribe to my newsletter.